Ubuntu – Open Office Bug: The user interface language cannot be determined

I had this error today when trying to access Open Office. The Ubuntu was freshly Installed and packages looked ok. So there could be only one thing that was wrong: Permissions

What I did:

1.I went to root
2. Changed ownership of .openoffice.org folder
3. Changed permissions to this folder

Copy and paste this and it should work:

If you have this error:

Check the name of the folder of Openoffice:

And then use commands above but on the correct directory name.

Cheers

About the author

Anatoly Spektor

IT Consultant with 6 years experience in Software Development and IT Leadership. Participated in such projects as Eclipse IDE, Big Blue Button, Toronto 2015 Panam Games.

View all posts

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *